Today I'm linking up with Dorothy from Singular Insanity in listing 30 Positive Things about myself.. THIRTY! Talk about blowing one's own whistle! however, I found this a worthwhile activity because as a busy Mother we don't often take the time out to think about the good qualities that we can offer or even think about our positives, but we certainly are quick to judge ourselves critically and feel bad about our flaws. So here goes... (dons thinking cap..)
1. I am a wonderful Mother, I love my children and would do anything for them
2. I am a great wife.. (as I hear hubby in the background stacking the dishwasher) I'm faithful, honest and love my husband deeply.
3. I am a good Daughter/Grandaughter. I don't visit as often as I should, but I'm always happy to keep the lines of communication open & have never taken advantage of my wonderful parents/Grandparents.
4. I like to keep a clean and tidy home. I am a house proud person.
5. I make awesome cupcakes.. I love it, baking ~ it's so therapeutic! And so yummy.
6. I cut down from 1.5l of Coke a day to 350-700ml. I don't drink coffee, so that's my excuse for not going cold turkey!
7. I don't drink alcohol or smoke..
8. I started exercising 2 weeks ago and have stuck with it thus far! 4 walks a week.. Feel so much better for it.
9. I have never been fired from a job..
10. I finished my Uni degree after struggling with it for 10 years as i had an unwavering passion to be a Teacher.
11. I donate to 3 charities yearly. This year it's been Canteen, Royal Children's Hospital & Endevour Foundation.
12. I look forward to Christmas, I love the time spent with family, tradition & seeing the joy on kids faces.. How is this a positive, because at Christmastime I just feel 'different' & for me that time of the year is a positive.
13. I have big blue eyes :-) I love my eyes.. They are something both of my boys have and I love it when they say they got their eyes from their Mum.
14. I think it's wonderful that I have lovely friends, although I sometimes wish I had a really close friend. But it's all good, a few are better than none I guess! :-)
15. I love my job (when I go) I'm a relief teacher. The hours are right, the pay is great & the kids are wonderful. Lots of variety, never boring & I usually work alone.
16. I live in a wonderful area and have done so for 31 years. Since a young child I have lived in my family home, now it's mine, I too still feel a great connection with the home & the area & am glad my kids got to experience some of my nostalgic childhood memories.
17. I'm not addicted to TV! Positive because my life doesn't revolve around the box. :-) So many people I know get so engrossed in program's, I'm just happy to watch what's on, when it's on..
18. I enjoy walking, it's so therapeutic to be out in the fresh air amongst nature & to be getting fit at the same time is just a side benefit to how good just being outside makes me feel.
19. I can grow flowers ok now. My Mum is such a green thumb, she can make any flower/tree/grass grow and her flowers are just insanely beautiful. I've never had the patience for flowers in the past, but my recent attempts at beautifying my front garden have worked out well.. So I'm pretty happy at that even if they are only petunia's & pansy's!
20. (omg its getting so hard to think of things...) I'm a great bargain shopper, I can usually find great sales & fantastic items on specials or in op shops etc. 21. Im a fast ironer (in this house you have to be!)
22. I love the beach it's my happy place :-)
23. I love my hair, it grows really quickly.
24. I'm good at playing Super Mario on the Wii and Mario Kart.
25. I'm a good judge of character.
26. I enjoy watching movies.
27. I have wonderful children
28. I have a wonderful husband
29. I have a wonderful family
30. I AM WONDERFUL (& FINISHED! Not a point too soon! Phew...)
That was hard work.. Sorry if I repeated myself :-) give it a go & link up with Singular Insanity.