Now that it's Spring I thought I might jot down a list of things i'd love to do this season.
I'm loving the warmer weather, sunny days make me feel so good inside -Energised, refreshed & motivated!
* Finish planting my flower garden!
* Plant a veggie garden with the kids (or at least a tomato plant!)
* Water the grass to get it ready for the warmer weather.
* Buy a super bright pair of shoes!
* Get a pedicure to make my feet thong-worthy!
* Enjoy afternoon walks
* Picnic in the park
* Travel to the beach
* Spring clean! including washing all the windows & curtains.
* Wash the dogs
* Set up a fish tank
* BBQ more!
* Put in some garden lighting
* Use the washing line everyday! Abolish the dryer!
* Go to the Toowoomba Carnival of Flowers.
* Wake up the kids to see a sunrise
* Look at the stars more!
I'll have a to-do list for the upcoming September/October school holidays too, but if I get all of these things done this Spring I'll be very happy :-D
Friday, September 07, 2012
Last night was one such night, his 'everyone has just settled down for bed' radar went off at 11 and I finally coaxed him back to sleep by 3:30, just in time for me to have a blissful 3 hrs sleep (not).
My eldest son ditched his daytime naps quite early on, but he also used to go to bed at 5:30 in the afternoons so that to me was really a win/win situation. You hear people say, sleep when they sleep or go to bed when they do and it sounds great in theory but not in practice! 'night kids i'm off to bed now, supervise yourselves, cook dinner, do the washing & tuck yourselves in' I think not! :-)
And the last thing I feel like doing when I've got a nice, peaceful quiet house all to myself is go to bed.. Those hours can be bliss.. I get a lot more done, have a lot less stress & the house seems different at that hour, really calm, serene & full of love. It's the times I have my best ideas & the time that I allow myself to dream..
So I guess I can't complain.. I just keep reminding myself that eventually all babies sleep & that he is growing up so fast & that one day this will all be a bleary memory & I treasure the time we spend cuddling, playing & fighting sleep.. Lucky black bags suit me :-P