Beef, Tomato and Mushroom Casserole..
This is another great one for the slow cooker or the stock pot as the weather gets cooler.. It is great for freezing and you can easily make excess by adding additional ingredients..
What you will need;
- 600g of gravy beef/casserole beef or similar.
- 2 x Tin of Whole Peeled Tomatoes
- 12 Mushrooms halved (or as many as you like)
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 1 medium/large onion sliced
- 4 washed potatoes
- 2 x Oxo Cubes or Maggi Packet Mix.
I used my slow cooker to cook this batch of casserole as I was working that day and love coming home to the aroma of a well cooked dinner!
1. Add the diced meat to the slow cooker or stock pot and crumble the Oxo/Stock cubes over the top of the meat. Alternatively you can add a Beef Provencale Maggi Packet mix.
2. Add the Potatoes, Carrot, Onion and Mushrooms to the pot with the meat.
3. Add the 2 x tins of canned tomatoes
4. Cover the ingredients with water
5. Allow the ingredients to cook, In the slow cooker I will leave on Auto for 6-8 hours or if using the stock pot, keep an eye on the ingredients, if they boil, turn down the heat and allow the casserole to simmer..
6. In the final hour of cooking in the slow cooker I also add a handful of baby spinach leaves.
Easy weekend meal that the kids and adults will enjoy.. can also be made as a lunchtime treat.
What you will need;
- 1 x packets of corn chips (CC's, Dorito's etc..)
- 500g of Lean Beef Mince
- 1 x tin of diced/crushed tomatoes
- 3 x Mushrooms
- 1 x Onion
- 1 x tin of mixed beans
- Sour Cream
- 2 x Cups of grated tasty cheese.
2. Once the meat/onions are browned you are able to add the sliced mushrooms and tin of mixed beans to the mince concoction, cook these until well mixed and cooked through.
3. Add the jar of salsa to the meat and continue to cook through.
4. Add the packets of corn chips to a large baking dish.
5. Spoon the meat over the top of the corn chips, ensuring you have a relatively equal distrubution over the entire pan of corn chips.
6.Sprinkle the grated tasty cheese over the top of the corn chips and meat mix.
7. Pop the Nacho's into an oven preheated to 180 degrees until the cheese is melted nicely and the chips are warmed through.
8. Top with sour cream and finely sliced shallots and serve into individual bowls/plates or as a baking dish for finger food..