Pages

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Growing Our Own..

For as long as I can remember Iv always wanted to grow a vegie garden.. We had one as a child (as Iv said before my Mum has an extremely green thumb) however, we don't have a lot of yard space that isn't taken up by tree's or garden's (theres a lot of shade in our yard) so we made do with an old garden wheelbarrow and a large green planter that used to be a sand filter from a swimming pool.

We took the kids to Bunnings to help choose the vegetables we were to plant. We went for cherry tomatoes, carrots, lettuce, strawberries and cucumbers. Sunday afternoon we set about planting them & ever since my eldest Son has been dutifully watering them & keeping a close eye on their progress. I'm surprised myself how fast they grow!

If I manage to keep these alive I'm buying a setting up some herb planters over the school holidays :-) it's great to be outside amongst the sunshine! Vhkł

No comments:

Post a Comment