Pages

Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Meal Planning Monday


It seems hubby has taken over the duties of cooking over the past few nights, which has been a pleasant change, I dont know what it is about someone else cooking for you, but it always tastes much better when its popped down in front of you, minus the endless hours of slaving over a hot stove! So iv been quite spoilt the past few nights as I have been feeling rather exhausted.. But tomorrow night I shall resume my cooking duties & let hubby kick his heels up, before we all look rather rotund (his meals are always far more calorie laden & extravagent than mine! - pan gravy and all!)

This week the meals will be relatively straight forward & nothing too 'out there' and will be reliant on a lot of vegetables as my cravings have been leaning towards meat and veg lately (not to mention chocolate.. but you'll see that from my baking list!)

Monday - Tonight we had lasagna, vegetables & beer battered oven fries.

Tuesday - 
Fish and Salad inc. Baby Spinach Leaves, tomatoes, olives, asparagus, lebanese cucumber, beetroot, grated cheese & carrot.   

Wednesday-
Silverside cooked in the slow cooker with white sauce and vegetables (broccolini, cauliflower, carrots, peas & corn).

Thursday-
Lemon Pork Chops (saw this on a recipe card today & it looks yum!) with vegetables.

Friday-
No cook night!

Saturday-
Mini Pizza's made out of ciabata bread, the kids can help put their own toppings on.

Sunday-
Roast of the week - Roast Chicken with Roast Vegetables (potato, sweet potato, corn on the cob, carrot, pumpkin, zucchini and peas) with chicken gravy!


BAKE LIST:
Smartie Rainbow Sprinkle Cookies.
Triple Choc, Chocolate Muffins.
Pikelets
Chocolate Cake.
Some easter cooking..

Other recipe ideas I would; like to try this week
1. Eggs in a basket -  I saw this cute little recipe on Bianca's blog, A Little Delightful and I thought it looked so yummy!
2. Sardine, Cheese, Spinach, egg and tomato bakes (in individual ramekins)

When I work out how to add The Organised Housewifes new Meal planning button I shall, but in the meantime, check out her link to her meal planning.. great recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment